Before beginning any work, do a Team...Pull in your repository.
This extension needs a unit test. For now, run it as indicated at the end of this assignment.
So it turns out that numbers can feel things. We define a happy or sad number through this process:
For example, starting with the number 15, our process yields:
- 12 + 52 = 26
- 22 + 62 = 40
- 42 + 02 = 16
- 12 + 62 = 37
- 32 + 72 = 58
Here you can see our number has fallen into the beginning stages of depression...
In this extension you will be designing a program that uses sets to find the sad cycle of a number for an arbitrary power.
In the sadcycle package of your extensions folder, create a SadCycler class.
A long is simply twice as long as an int. I recommend using it here because some of the numbers found in higher base-sad cycles can be quite large.
I highly recommend partitioning the splitting of digits, raising to the power of base, and summing into one method. The trick here is figuring out how to treat every digit in a number as its own entity.
When you are done with this extension, you must be cleared by the TA to receive credit.
- Do a Team…Pull to update your repository. You must do this or the commit/push below may fail.
- Commit and push all your work to your repository.Make certain this has worked by logging into bitbucket. There you will see the commit(s) in your news feed if it was successful. You can also check the Source page to locate and ensure your code was received.
It is your responsibility to make certain the code has been pushed. Some of your work receives credit through testing of your pushed code. You will receive no credit for such work if you failed to push. We generally reserve the right to revoke credit for any of your work that has not been pushed on-time.
- Fill in the form below with the relevant information
- Have a TA check your work
- The TA should check your work and then fill in the TA's name
- Click OK while the TA watches
- If you request propagation, it does not happen immediately, but should be posted in the next day or so
This demo box is for extension 8.1