How to Submit Your Programs
Please use the following command to submit your programs on
This command combines all of your source files, Makefile, and README
file, converts them into a form suitable for email, and mails it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're on Windows or you don't have access to uuencode please send
me a ZIP file as an attachment. Make sure you replace the
zip -r - file1 file2 file3 . . . | uuencode "homework" | mail -s 'AssignmentK' "email@example.com"
K in 'AssignmentK with the number of your current
The following explains additional requirements of the submission
Please follow this procedure so that it will be easier to
automatically unpack your program, compile, run, and grade them. If
you do not follow this procedure your programs will be returned to you
- You must include a working Makefile or MSVC++ project file.
- You just also include a README file that explains how to run your
program and any other useful information.
- Do not include any binary files.
- Do not include any additional directories, i.e., all the files
should be at the same ``level'' so that all we need to do is type
"make" and your program will build cleanly.
- ALWAYS put subject headings in there mailings. Make the subject
heading the EXACT name of the assignment, e.g., "Assignment2".
- Please do not to call your programs "test", "sort", "ps", or
anything else built into to the UNIX shell.
- We will only accept 1 submission of a given lab. Do not
submit multiple versions and do not submit them more than 2 days
past the deadline.