- On Feb 25, AMOS is going to archive its 500 Millionth image of our changing world.
- "Finding Jane Doe: A Forensic Application of 2D Image Calibration" received the best paper award at ICDP-13.
- Austin's paper: "Structure from Shadow Motion", accepted to ICCP 2014.
- Most active projects:
- "Capture of Outdoor Scenes to Evaluate and Validate Physical Activity Policy and Built Environment Change", with the incomparable Aaron Hipp.
- Analyzing Images Through Time, with Bill Freeman, Wojciech Matusik, Hanspeter Pfister, and Noah Snavely.
- Collaborative Research: Continental-Scale Monitoring, Modeling and Forecasting of Phenological Responses to Climate Change with Andrew Richardson.
- Citizen Science for biological imaging grant funded (DEB-1053554).
- Recent Popular Press
- Finding a "lost" grave (Fox News story).
- CACM blurb:
cloudly day time-lapse to solve for 3D scene structure.
- New Scientist blurb: integrate webcams into Google Earth.
- Datasets and Apps