Voice over IP: Issues and ProtocolsAnalysts are forecasting a growing market for Voice over Internet Protocol products and services. Is IP ready for it? What protocols and technological innovations are required to make this possible?
In this one-day tutorial, we explain what is required to support voice communications over IP networks. Recent and upcoming network architecture advances, standards, and protcols that will improve the performance of voice over IP networks will be described. This includes support for quality of service, multicasting, streaming, and compression. Organizations and leading products in this area will also be mentioned.
- Voice over IP Application Scenarios
- Sample Products
- Sample Services
- Technical Issues
- Compression Standards, and H.323 Conferencing Standard
- Qos over IP:
- Integrated Services
- Differentiated Services
- Multiprotocol Label Switching.
- Protocols for multimedia over Internet:
- Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP)
- RTP Control Protocol (RTCP)
- Real-time Streaming Protocol (RTSP).
- Multicasting over Internet.
Presentation Slides in adobe acrobat format
Back to Raj Jain's Home Page