- Network representations
- How do you send (and receive) a short, int, and long using Sockets, assuming you
can send just one byte at a time (using OutputStream, not DataOutputStream)?
- Using ASCII, and OutputStream, how do you send (and receive) a Java String?
- Devise a protocol for transmitting a boolean using OutputStream. Now show the corresponding code to read
what you sent and form the proper boolean to represent the transmitted value.
- Devise a protocol to transmit an array of ints, assuming writeInt(i) properly transmits a single int.
- What is an effect attack against the Caesar cipher?
- Given the ASCII table, an input string of 4 ASCII bytes, and a key of 4 ASCII bytes, what
is the encryption obtained by exlusive-or, expressed in hex format (2 hex characters per byte)?
Last modified 09:33:09 CDT 31 March 2011
by Ron K. Cytron