You will work with other students in studio today on the design of
the Weasley clock using a model/view/controller approach. The resulting
work you will then finish and submit as part of your midterm exam.
- Grab a studio demo sheet, but there is no sticker today. You will
use your own repository.
- As you work today, let us know if CEC seems faster for SVN checkout,
checkin, and just in general. They are using a new file server.
Review studio procedures, if
necessary, before starting.
- Each person in your group should be on a computer and have his or her
personal repository open.
- Open the Midterm Exam page and have
it handy for this studio session.
You will be working on the 2nd question (bottom part about model/view/controller) of the midterm in
studio. Do not work on the concurrency part; that is for you alone.
- Together, look at the Main class and how it constructs
people, places, and interacts with the Weasley object.
- Ask questions if anything is unclear!
- As a group, decide where the different classes implied by Main
should go. You can use eclipse to generate those classes, but then you
may need to move them into the weasley.model or weasley.view
package as appropriate.
- Together try to complete as many methods as you can while in studio.
Fill out the feedback.txt file
in the weasley package before leaving studio, or you won't get
possible, do the optional questionaire contained therein.
Last modified 08:59:32 CDT 03 June 2010
by Ron K. Cytron