CS101 Code Examples
This page contains links to the code for some of the examples
discussed in class. Feel free to save the example code to a file and
experiment with running and modifying it.
An abstract definiiton of a set of integers. Subclasses then make
this more concrete:
makes int sets using Lists. The concrete class
UnOrdListIntSet uses unordered lists.
- A generic
Relation ADT. This uses
DomainRangeList.java to manage a list
of DomainRange pairs. The
Range are wrappers of the
- A complete program illustrating the use of procedural
- A class definition for objects
containing a couple's names and year married,
with accessor methods to extract that information.
- This class defines a bank account object with deposit, withdraw, and transfer methods.
- This class defines an object that keeps track of the current temperature, high, and
low temperatures, and converts between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Represents a sphere in 3-space, with move and resize
methods, as well as a method to determine if a point is within the
- A device that keeps track of the current "count" in
a baseball game.
- A rational number class, supporting rational number arithmetic.
- An implementation of a relation between domain and range objects.
Each domain element occurs at most once.
- Implementation of a list of ints, including methods for appending and
prepending, as well as traversing, inserting, and deleting using a marker.
- Stacks and Queues
- Implementations of stacks and queues using linked lists of
- Circular Lists
- Implementation of a circular list ADT, along with
implementations of stack and queue in terms of circular lists.
- Base Conversion
- Implementation of a BaseNumber ADT that allows conversion between
positive integers in different bases. A list of digits, along with
the integer base, is used as
the internal representation. Bases are assumed to be in the range 2-10.
- The Stable Marriage Problem
- Implementation of a matching algorithm for
men and women, each with rank-ordered lists of who they would
like to marry. The algorithm is used to match medical school
graduates to hospitals. The Relation
class is used to keep track of the engagements.
- A recursive implementation of quicksort using an array of integers.
This example prints out the intermediate contents of the array after
each partition. A few test cases are included.